What does my name mean?

There are over 6 Billion people on earth, there are just as many names, but I happen to just have one of those names, and that is Nathan. I'm sure that every person on earth has a story of how their name came to be, my story is not long or very interesting, but it's a story.

By now you have already found out that my name is Nathan, well Nathan Edwards, anyway here is my story. About 16 years, 14 days, and 15 hours ago I was born. My mother has just suffered an agonizing 8 hours of labor, and had not really thought about my name. Well, what I mean to say is that she did think of a name for me, but at that point in time that was the leas of her worries. My name was going to be John Thomas Edwards, but when the Dr. came into the room, holding me, he asked what my name was going to be. My mother and father looked at each other and both said "Nathan." Although every time I ask my parents why they named me Nathan the story changed, but this was the first one that told me, so I'm sticking with it.

Nathan means "Gift from God," I personally think that this meaning is both truthful and, yet wrong. The reason I think that the meaning is truthful is because if you ask any of my family they will probably tell you that I am a gift from God. But the reason I think that the saying is wrong is because I think that maybe I might be a gift from God, but just because I'm a "Gift from God" doesn't mean that I am going to live up to all the expectations that everybody has put on me.

For example, I am a big procrastinator and right now I am doing this paragraph right before its due, also I have put in a lot of "its and 'is's" in this paragraph when there are not supposed to e any. anyway that's me and how my name came to be. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment