Julius Caesar

Julius Caesar not one of my favorite books. Surprisingly, this play of Shakespeare was much less interesting to read than much of his other plays or stories. For me the read was very complicated, and the text was very confusing to read because of all the old terms and phrases used in Julius Caesar.

The first thing that made me lose my attention was all the very long and confusing phrases that the book used. Usually I will not have a problem with that, but in this book it was just to complicated for me. I didn't understand what they were talking about most of the time, and also I would not get the complicated ideas, feelings, or thoughts that Shakespeare was implying at the time.

Another reason I did not like Julius Caesar was because the book was not really about Julius Caesar, it was mainly about Bruits and his decision on weather or not to join the conspiracy to kill Caesar. I think that if a book or play or story is going to be titled after someone, then I think that they should be the main character, not the secondary character.

Julius Caesar was actually the first work of Shakespeare's that I really did not like. With all of the long and confusing phrases, to the play not being about Caesar, I just could not get into the book and enjoy it. But if I was to see the play I am sure that I would change my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment