The response to Dorothea Lange's Migrant Mother photos.

In the photos provided in Dorothea Lange's Migrant Mother, one in particular really sticks out to me. The photo where she is sitting on a chair holding her baby, and her other child resting his head on her shoulder, she is seen with a ring on her finger.

This ring is what caught my eye, not because I want the ring or anything, but because she is in a depression and her ring is probably worth a lot of money. The reason it sticks out to me is because she is dedicated to her husband, and that she will not sell his gift to her that is the symbol of their marriage.

Also the picture stuck out to me because her children are there needing her, we tend to take for granted what we have in our lives; our families, our friends, our belongings, and sometimes even our God. All of us need to open our eyes every now and then and realize what we have and what we might be doing to other people. Dorothea Lange's Migrant Mother, really helps me realize what I have and what life could be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment